Gurudwara Burz Sahib - Dhariwal
In town Dhariwal, Distt Gurdaspur.
Associated with :
Guru Arjan Dev Ji
• This Gurudwara is situated at a distance of 1 Km from Dhariwal Railway Station, 12 Km from Gurdaspur City, 59 Km from Amritsar City and 48 Km from Pathankot City on Amritsar-Pathankot road in town Dhariwal, District Gurdaspur, Punjab.
• In 1598, Fifth Sikh Guru, Shri Guru Arjun Dev Ji visited Gurudwara Baarth Sahib to meet Baba shri Chand Ji.
Guru Ji came from Amritsar via Sahasar Kalan, Tehsil Ajnala-Anek Pura-Dera Baba Nanak. Guru Ji had discussions with Baba shri Chand Ji. After Discussions Guru Ji while coming back to Amritsar stayed at this place where Gurudwara Burj Sahib is situated. At that time a dense forest and a small pond existed here. When people came to know about Guru Ji's visit, they came from nearby Villages. Guru Ji recited Hymns and preached people to recite the name of God, to have control on their mind,to eat by distributing equally among themselves and to work hard.
• A person suffering from Leprosy also visited the place. He requested Guru Ji that I have suffered enough, kindly relieve me of this disease. Guru Ji accepted his request and asked him to bath in the pond and throw mud taken out of the pond on the place where now Gurudwara is situated. He did the same and got well. The followers also dug out mud from the pond and made a Burj (a Pillar) on that place, hence the Gurudwara is known as Burj Sahib. Any devotee who takes bath here with pure heart, all his wishes are fulfilled.
• SHRI GURU ARJAN DEV JI went to Baarth on invitation of Baba Shri Chand Ji to meet him.
Guru Sahib preached people of Naam Simran and Wand Shakan. In the gathering there was one person with leprosy disease. He requested Guru Arjan Dev Ji, to get rid of the disease. Guru Sahib asked him to take bath in pond and take mud out of it and put in the place where now Gurudwara Sahib is situated. The person did the same and his disease was cured. People also took out the mud and made a burz with the sand. And later the name of Gurudwara was known as Gurudwara Burz Sahib Patshahi Panjvin.
• While going back to Amritsar, Guru Sahib came here, where Gurudwara Burz Sahib stands, at that time it was dense forest here and a small pond. People started gathering here when the news of Guru Sahib's arrival in this are spread.