Gurudwara Shri Haaji Ratan Sahib - Bathinda
In the Distt City Bathinda, near Sabzi Mandi Bathinda.
Associated with :
Guru Gobind Singh ji
• GURUDWARA SHRI HAAZI RATAN SAHIB is situated in the Distt City Bathinda. It is situated near Sabzi Mandi Bathinda. This Gurudwara is situated in the middle of Bathinda City, District Bathinda, Punjab. The First Sikh Guru, Shri Guru Nanak Dev Ji, Sixth Sikh Guru, Shri Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji and Tenth Sikh Guru, Shri Guru Gobind Singh Ji visited this place.
• At this place a Faqir named Haji Ratan used to meditate. When Guru Nanak Dev Ji visited this place during his First Udasi (Preaching tour), Haji Ratan threw a big stone at Guru Ji. Guru Ji remained unharmed and he threw the stone back towards Haji Ratan. Haji Ratan fell unconscious. When he regained consciousness, he asked for forgiveness and requested Guru Ji to bless him with liberation. Guru Ji said," I will see you twice more". Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji visited this place and met Faqir Haji Ratan.
• The Tenth Sikh Guru, Shri Guru Gobind Singh Ji visited Bathinda City in 1706, while coming from Villages
Guru Gobind ji
Bhuchon and Bhago. Guru Ji called upon Haji Ratan and had discussions with him at this place. Guru Ji blessed Haji Ratan with liberation from the cycle of birth and death. When people came to know about Guru Ji's visit, they came in large numbers to have a glimpse of Guru Ji. Guru Ji preached them. The people requested Guru Ji that you are sitting in a forest, kindly come to the Fort. Guru Ji said that I am sitting in the middle of the City and today this Gurudwara is situated in the middle of Bathinda City. Guru Ji accepting their request paid visit to Qila Mubarak.
• SHRI GURU GOBIND SINGH JI came to Bathinda via Bhagu. GURU SAHIB met here Peer Haazi Ratan, and had discussion with him. GURU SAHIB also set him free from Cycle of Life and Death. When People of Bathinda came to know about GURU SAHIB's visit, They people came in large number for GURU SAHIB's darshan. Further they requested GURU SAHIB to come to Qilla (Fort). People asked that they were sitting in forest. GURU SAHIB told them they were sitting in the middle of City, and today its the center of City Bathinda. Accepting there request GURU SAHIB accompanied them to Qilla Sahib.
• Today this Gurudwara is situated in the middle of Bathinda City. Guru Ji accepting their request paid visit to Qila Mubarak.