Gurudwara Patshahi Dasvin Sahib - Bhagu
In the village Bhagu Distt Bathinda.
Associated with :
Guru Gobind Singh ji
• GURUDWARA SHRI PATSHAHI DASVIN SAHIB is situated in Village Bhagu Distt Bathinda. This village can be reached from Bathinda via Phus Mandi or Via Bhucho Mandi.
• SHRI GURU GOBIND SINGH JI came here two times. First time while returning from GURUDWARA SHRI LAVERISAR SAHIB. Mata Sahib Kaur Ji, Mata Sundar kaur Ji and few Singhs were along GURU SAHIB. In those days there was Water reservoir and densily populated Kareer trees. The tree with which GURU SAHIB tied his horse still stand by side of Pond. Bhai Dyal Das had denied to Baptise from Rangrete Singhs. When he came to know about GURU SAHIB's visit in village Chak, he prepared karah prasad and sent to GURU SAHIB. But GURU SAHIB refused to accept it. He again loaded that prasad in bullock cart and came here following GURU SAHIB. He asked GURU SAHIB to forgive him for his mistake. GURU SAHIB got that karah prasad distributed in Sangat and Baptised him. He became Dyal Singh from Dyal Das. Second Day GURU SAHIB and sangat had bath in sarovar and had Nitnem Paath and left for Qilla Mubarak Sahib, Bathinda. Second time GURU SAHIB came here while coming back from Lakhi jungel. GURU SAHIB stayed here for some time and had rest. And later left for Talwandi Sabo Sahib.
• BHAGU, village in Bathinda district of the Punjab, is sacred to Guru Gobind Singh, who stopped here overnight on his way from Bhuchcho to Bathinda in 1706. Gurudwara Dasvin Patshahi marks the site where the Guru had encamped. The old shrine, a small domed room, was replaced during the early 1980`s by a larger hall, with the square sanctum at the far end. The Gurudwara is managed by the village sangat.
1. Tara Singh, Sn Gur Tirath Sangrahi. Amritsar, n.d.
2. Thakar Sirigh, shri Gurduare Darshan. Amritsar, 1923
3. MaJva Desh Ratan di Sakhi Pothi. Amritsar, 1968 M.G.S.