Gurudwara Shri Damdama Sahib - Talwandi Sabo
In village Chak Fateh Singh Distt Bathinda
Associated with :
Guru Gobind Singh ji.
• GURUDWARA SHRI DAMDAMA SAHIB is situated in the Talwandi Sabo In Bathinda Distt. This Gurudwara is situated at a distance of 28 Km Southeast of Bathinda City on Bathinda-Sardulgarh Road in town Talwandi Sabo which is also known as Guru Ki Kashi. This Holy Takht is 4th Takht of Khalsa Panth.
In the year 1705 A.D., GURU GOBIND SINGH JI while fighting against the cruel rulers, after leaving Shri Anandpur Sahib , Chamkaur Sahib , Deena Kaangad , Muktsar Sahib, Lakhi Jungle, Pakka Pathrala and touching various places with his holy presence, reached here in the year 1705 A.D. It was here that GURU SAHIB took rest by untying his waist band on a raised platform surrounded by Kareer trees. This place became famous as Damdama Sahib. GURU SAHIB stayed at this place for around 1 1/4 year. It was here that GURU SAHIB tested the Singhs for their faith in Sikhism with gun's target. GURU SAHIB also baptised the chaudhary of this area named Baba Dall & gave him the name of Dall Singh. This was the place where Guru Ji also got the holy Beed of Aad Guru Granth Sahib Ji written by Martyr Bhai Mani Singh Ji. This place in rememberence is named as Gurudwara Damdama Sahib. Martyr BABA DEEP SINGH JI got the copies done of the Beed & sent it to the 4 Takhts. On Vaisakhi, the Khalsa Foundation Day , it was second time that 1.25 Lakh Singhs were baptised due to which every year on the occasion of Vaisakhi, Sikh followers celebrate it with belief & enthusiasm. The following places related to the Takht are worth visting:
• GURUDWARA SHRI DAMDAMA SAHIB PAATSHAAHI 10.
• GURUDWARA SHRI MANJI SAHIB PAATSHAAHI 9.
• GURUDWARA SHRI LIKHANSAR SAHIB.
• GURUDWARA MATA SAHIB KAUR & MATA SUNDAR KAUR JI.
• GURUDWARA BABA BIR SINGH DHIR SINGH JI.
• GURUDWARA SHRI JANDSAR SAHIB.
• GURUDWARA SHRI MAHALLSAR SAHIB (for weapon & arms training).
• Burj BABA DEEP SINGH JI SHAHEED Bhora Sahib (meditation place).
• BABA DEEP SINGH JI SHAHEED.