Gurudwara Shri Hariaan Vellan - Bajrour
In Village Bajrour, Distt Hoshiarpur.
Associated with :
Guru Har Rai Ji
• GURUDWARA SHRI HARIAAN VELLAN SAHIB is situated in the Bajrour Village in Hoshiarpur Distt. This Gurdwara is situated at a distance of 14 Km from Hoshiarpur Railway Station near Chabbewal on Hoshiarpur-Garhshankar Road in Village Bajrour, District Hoshiarpur, Punjab.
• The Seventh Sikh Guru, Shri Guru Har Rai Ji visited this place alongwith his wife and 2200 horse-riders army in 1651. Guru Ji stayed here for 3 Days at the house of Baba Prajapati Ji on seeing his deep devotion and love. The Gurdwara is situated at the place where the house of Baba Prajapati Ji once existed. Upon hearing the news of Guru Ji's visit, the followers came in large numbers and got blessings of Guru Ji. Guru Ji used to hold Preaching Diwans two times in the Day, in the Morning and the Evening. The desires of all the followers were fulfilled by Guru Ji.
• Baba Prajapati Ji dug roots of a creeping plant and offered these to
Guru Ji's horse. The horse on eating these roots became very happy. Guru Ji asked," Baba Ji , what have you offered to my horse?" Baba Ji replied," What a poor person like me can offer to your horse?,there were some creeping plants in my courtyard, I dug their roots and offered to your horse." Guru Ji said," You have served my horse well, so these creeping plants would always remain green." Those creeping plants are still green till today. The Gurdwara has been named after those green creeping plants : Green is known as Harian in Punjabi and creeping plants are known as Vailan in Punjabi. Guru Ji's horse was tied to a Date Palm tree which also exists near Nishan Sahib.
• When Guru Ji came to this place, there was acute shortage of water in the area. Guru Ji hit an arrow on the ground, 660 Feet away from Gurdwara towards East and a spring of water came out. All the devotees and horses took water. Guru Ji blessed that spring by saying, whosoever takes bath here with pure heart, all his wishes would be fulfilled and anyone suffering from Myopathy would get well, his body would shine like a Moti (Pearl). Hence this Sarovar is known as 'Moti Sarovar'.
• Sahibzada Ajit Singh Ji (the eldest son of Tenth Sikh Guru, Shri Guru Gobind Singh Ji) visited this place with 200 Sikhs from Anandpur Sahib via Mahilpur - Shaheedan Ladhewal - Chakhundi Sahib, Bajrour to rescue wife of Devi Das Brahmin from Jabar Khan Pathan. Baba Ajit Singh Ji sat near Nishan Sahib. A fierce battle took place at Bassi Kalan in which many Sikhs won martyrdom who were cremated at Ladhewal by Baba Ji. Jabar Khan was arrested and brought to Anandpur Sahib where he was produced in the Court of Guru Gobind Singh Ji. He was burrowed in the ground and then killed with arrows.
• The place where this GURUDWARA SHRI HARIAAN VELLAN SAHIB is built was the house of Baba Prajapati Ji. The seventh Sikh guru, Guru Har Rai ji Visited this place.