Gurudwara Shri Toot Sahib ji
In the Amritsar City in Sultanvind Area.
Associated with :
Guru Arjan Dev ji
• GURUDWARA SHRI TOOT SAHIB is situated in the Amritsar City in Sultanvind Area. This Gurudwara is situated at a distance of about 4 Km from Amritsar City in Village Sultanwind, District Amritsar, Punjab. The Gurudwara Sahib has two histories.
• Gurudwara Shri Toot Sahb is a historical place.The place of gurwara sahib has blessed of The 6th Guru Shri Guru Arjan dev Sahib Ji, Shri Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji,The Great Baba Budha Sahib Ji, Bhai Manj Sahib Ji and Bhai Gurdas Ji.The Gurudwara Sahib has two histories.
1) The First History of Gudwara Sahib:-
The Sixth Guru Shri Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji placed his horse with the tree of toot and sit on the place down the tree. from which the name is famous known as Gurudwara toot Sahib Ji.
2)The Second History of Gudwara Sahib:-
The Second history of Gurudwara Sahib with Shri Guru Arjna Dev Sahib Ji , Baba Budha sahib Ji and Bhai Manj Ji. Once Bhai Manj Ji was Passing from the amritsar with his group in 1585 and see Shri Guru Arjan Dev Ji and his sangat. Bhai Manj Ji impressed from Guru Sahib and there sangat.
At the time of Guru Arjan dev Sahib Ji kar sewa of Shri Harmandir Sahib is running. Bhai Manj Singh Ji Passed throw Amritsar Sahib and he saw and haviely Impressed from the Living of Guru Arjan dev Ji's Sangat. Then he decide to become a Sikh.
Bhai Manj Ji listen the Kirtan In the Morning and bring the grass for hourse of guru sahib after that Bhai Manj ji go to take the wood for the center community food(Langar). In complete day bhai sahib did sewa of guru house.
One day Shri Guru Arjan Dev Ji ask to Bhai manj Sahib Ji, From where do you get your food?. The Bhai Sahib Ji said from the centered kitchen (langar). Guru Ji says this is the labour work, this is not a sewa. which wood do got for kitchen for that you get your food from kitchen. At next day Bhai sahib ji get there food left by guru sangat. Then Once day again Shri Guru Arjan Dev Ji ask to Bhai manj Sahib Ji, From where do you get your food?. Then bhai sahib ji say from food left in langar. Then guru ji said you got your food from cow's, sparrow food, because that left part is for cow's and sparrow.
• It marks the spot to which GURU ARJAN DEV JI often stoped for rest under a mulberry (tut, in Punjabi) tree which no longer exists.
• This Gurudwara is in the memory of the visit of Fifth Sikh Guru, Shri Guru Arjan Dev Ji. Guru Ji made a brief halt here and took rest under a Mulberry (known as Toot in Punjabi) tree.
• Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji placed his horse with the tree of toot and sit on the place down the tree. From which the name is famous known as Gurudwara toot Sahib Ji.